Fintrax, an Irish payments' service provider, run their own terminal estate with a custom application which supplies both sales tax (VAT, GST etc) refund and Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) services at the point-of-sale in Europe, North America and the Far East.
With over 23 years experience, Fintrax has long been regarded as the industry pioneer, providing world class innovative payment services to overseas visitors, international retailer consortia, partner banks and acquirers.
- Fintrax needed a reliable host solution that could upload sales tax and DCC data from their entire terminal estate
- Currency exchange download from the host to the terminal was also required
- Demonstrating it’s flexibility and strength as a product architected as a switch, Fintrax chose ASTREX as the platform on which to implement their host solution
- ASTREX was configured by Acquirer systems to support sales tax and DCC (upload) and currency exchange (download) formats
- Our solution was initially deployed by Fintrax in 2001 and continues to operate as a core part of Fintrax infrastructure
- The System been seamlessly upgraded to a TCP/IP handler using Cisco Access Server proving the flexibility of the ASTREX solution