AIB Bank is one of Ireland’s largest retail banks and at the forefront of advanced payment methods for consumers. Growth in mobile phone usage meant that customers were looking for more convenient ways to add credit to their mobile phones
- AIB wanted to offer phone top-up as a value added service to its customers through internet and ATM channels
- The bank selected ASTREX and installed the solution as a gateway between its ATM network and the O2 and Meteor mobile phone network
- Banking customers select phone top-up on the ATM menu and ASTREX takes care of the back-end transaction processing of the request
- AIB linked the solution into its internet banking facility in 2002 - no re-configuration of ASTREX was needed to support this and the solution worked first time.
- Allied Irish Bank customers can securely add phone credit from their bank account directly to their O2 and Meteor prepaid phones using an ATM or internet banking